Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Hired help


I've been running around tidying the house, but is it worth it? After all, if the nanny who is visiting this evening decides she will look after K (and vice versa) then she'll soon discover what slobs we really are!

I'd really have preferred a childminder; they are cheaper (I think), there would be other kids for K to mix with and the childminder wouldn't have to know about my lack of cleaning abilities. Oh and having a nanny sounds far too posh.

My dilemma, as I mentioned before, is that I never know what days I am working. This nanny is prepared to work ad-hoc so, even though she's not cheap, at least I'd only be paying for the days I need her. I've done some calculations though and once I pay my tax, work travelling costs, and pay for the nanny I will probably not get change from the bottle of wine that I'll need after a day at work.

And I hope she's not attractive. I might have to have a rethink if she is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover