Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Photobox review


I was asked by Photobox if I'd like to use their online service to order one of their canvas prints. I'd been meaning to get some photos enlarged for K's room so I jumped at the chance and paid the extra to get 2 canvases. I've used Photobox for printing photos for albums (you get 40 free prints just for signing up with them) but never for anything else.

The uploading process was quick and easy, I selected the canvas size I wanted and could then crop my image to fit. The canvas wraps around a frame but my image didn't have enough border for this so I used Photobox's live customer service chat to ask them about it. I was told that they would add a border so there would be no random white edges.

I placed the order on Thursday and by Saturday afternoon they were delivered and hanging on the wall!

Likes
• Very fast turnaround of order
• Quality construction
• Well packaged
• Excellent detail - much better than I thought you could get on canvas
• Screws, wall plugs etc. supplied

Dislikes
• You can only amend your order up to 30 minutes after placing it - I decided I wanted one of the photos a bit brighter but I was too late to make a change
• Delivery cost quite high - £10 for 2 canvases
 • The pictures arrived with a white border, although this looks fine I was told during my online chat that there would be no white edge
• The printed colours weren't as vivid as my original photos

If Photobox had the option to collect your order from a store, as some of their competitors do, this would be a big improvement.
Make sure you use a cashback site like Quidco if you are placing an order as you can get up to 7% cashback, and also sign up to Photobox as you get regular emails with special offers – at the moment there is free delivery on a £35 spend using the code NOT2LATE at checkout which is valid until 14/12/10 (just realised that is today so get in quick!).

I've been meaning to get some more photos up on the wall at home. I really fancy this sort of thing up the stairs...
Image from www.realsimple.com

I've already painted a load of old frames black (take out the glass, lightly sand them and give them a couple of coats of black satin paint) then order your photos to fit. That's the easy part - the hard bit is getting them laid out and banging all those nails in the right place!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover