Saturday, 24 November 2012

The Handpicked Collection & Handpicked Foodstore {review}

This is my second review for The Handpicked Collection. Their catalogue is full of things that you don't see elsewhere and is great for ideas for awkward-to-buy-for relatives.

I chose to review their black labrador cushion (£19.95) as you can never have too many cushions!
Before having kids, a cushion was just for decoration. Now they get used as boosters for chairs, as a nest to keep E upright, for jumping on, for hiding under... so they need to be hardwearing and practical as well as nice to look at.

The cushion was delivered while the police were here (see previous post for more on that!), so once they were gone I pounced on the box and it really cheered me up. The cover is a heavyweight cotton with black dogs on a cream background, almost like a houndstooth print. It has a feather cushion pad which is soft and squashy and I love it as does K and Mr (who used to have a gorgeous golden labrador - on our second date he refused to follow any commands and had to be hosed down after rolling around in sheep poo - the dog, not Mr).


The colourway means it would fit in with most colour schemes, however one thing to note is that the cushion does not have the black piping that is shown in the catalogue photo. I was told about this before receiving the cushion and I think it still looks great.

There are some beautiful items in the catalogue which are out of my budget but I also spotted some that, at under £5, would make excellent stocking fillers...


1 Rabbit night light (£4.95)
Cute unisex lamp perfect for a little one's room

2 Set of Four Glass Photo Frame Coasters (£4.95)
Pre-fill with vintage photos or could use instead of table place names?

3 Animal milk jug Choice of duck, dog, cat, rabbit, cow or elephant (£4.95)
A change from the usual cow creamer

You can shop through Quidco for a generous 12% cashback :)
Find The Handpicked Collection website here.

I also received some yummy MacGilvray smoked salmon in the post from The Handpicked Foodstore (the new sister site to The Handpicked Collection). I don't have a photo because it got eaten so quickly... even E had a taste and enjoyed it. I nearly didn't get any as it got delivered to the wrong address, luckily the wrong recipient dropped it round. My only dislike was the packaging; it was an awful lot of polystyrene for one item. There are lots of premium products to choose from if you need a gift to wow a foodie.

Disclaimer: I was sent a cushion and smoked salmon free of charge for the purpose of this review and all opinions expressed are my own and honest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover