Modelled here by my lovely assistant, K
Having lusted after the apron that was awarded to winners of the Comic Relief Bake Off, I was happy to find that you can buy them along with a whole range of homewares designed exclusively by Emma Bridgewater for Red Nose Day which is March 15th.
Apron £12.99 with at least £6.50 going to Comic Relief
Mugs £9.99 with at least £4 going to Comic Relief
You can get these beauties from HomeSense and TK Maxx stores throughout the UK and they very kindly sent me this bag...
Bag for life £9.99 with at least £4 going to Comic Relief
I was expecting the bag to be canvas but it's more like oil cloth - very practical - and even has a little pocket inside too.
I packed my bag for a trip on the train with the kids. Ah, rail travel...
K prefers the journey to the actual destination (she always manages to position herself by the emergency button, finger hovering...) but unfortunately with me being ill we didn't manage a real train ride. At least we know this one will never be late or standing room only (umm, the kitchen tiles look like a train station, that's close enough, right?)
- Red nose. Doubles as a teether* and ball / projectile
- Emergency wine** (back-up gin in a water bottle)
- Newspaper. No, not for reading silly! It's for hiding behind when the children are screeching and other passengers are tut-tutting at them/me
- Crayons and home made red nose colouring sheets
- Red nose snacks... if that bag of Maltesers is looking a bit deflated then you are very perceptive, it is indeed already empty
- A comic relief scratchcard
** Oh the shame of buying this at 9am with a baby in tow. The checkout lady said this was the first one they'd ever sold. Probably because most mums need a whole bottle.
The money raised from the range will be spent by Comic Relief to help people living incredibly tough lives across Africa and here in the UK. For more information please visit www.tkmaxx.com or www.homesense.com.
Disclaimer: I was sent a bag for the purpose of this post but will donate the same to #TeamHonk for Comic Relief and probably buy the oven gloves too!